Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management and Ethics
Great Healthcare Services Need Great Administrators — Like You!
Healthcare needs more than great doctors — it also needs great management professionals to keep things running efficiently. With a Bachelor of Science (BS) in Healthcare Management from Mid-America Christian University, you can step into a role that directly impacts the wellbeing of others. MACU’s cutting-edge curriculum will prepare you with an understanding of the principles and application of management in the day-to-day administration of healthcare organizations, including hospitals, physicians’ offices, nursing homes, and other medical facilities.
Why pursue a Healthcare Management and Ethics degree from MACU?
- Median annual salary of $62,599 for healthcare managers
- Learn how to plan, implement and administer programs and services in a healthcare facility or medical business
- MACU's Healthcare Management degree was named by Online Schools Report as one of the country's most affordable in 2020!
- Work with case studies that explore real-life work challenges as they relate to situations in healthcare management
- Utilize MACU’s Student Services team for tutoring, mentorship, homework help and more
- Take your classes one at a time, evenings on campus or 100% online
- Earn credits for what you already know using our life experience program
Major Course Topics
Introduction to Healthcare Management
A study of the five parts of managing healthcare organizations — planning, organizing, staffing, leading, and controlling/evaluating — with the study of principles for application to both not-for-profit and for-profit organizations.
This course provides an overview of the healthcare financial issues and explores the current financial climate. Issues in reimbursement structures, regulatory mechanisms, and cost controls are discussed. For-profit and not-for-profit financial statements and annual audits are reviewed and analyzed.
Course provides an overview of healthcare markets. Topics reviewed include supply and demand of medical care, economic tools for healthcare institutions, the impact of government on the healthcare market, industry market studies, and healthcare reform.
Healthcare Information Systems
An examination of the application of computer and communication technologies for analyzing, forecasting, planning, and healthcare management functions.
Our accelerated courses can be completed in as little as five weeks, allowing you to finish your degree quickly. In addition, we also offer up to 30 hours of course credit for your prior work, military or other life experiences through our life experience program.
With classes available 100% online or one night a week in the evenings, there is always time to fit school into your busy schedule. Our classes utilize a state-of-the art learning management system to help simplify and centralize your education.
MACU tuition costs 20% less than private universities nationwide. We are dedicated to making a great Christian education accessible, so we offer convenient payment plans and other opportunities for financial assistance.