Bachelor of Science in Christian Ministries
MACU's BS in Christian Ministries Prepares You to Serve God's Kingdom
The Bachelor of Science (BS) in Christian Ministries at Mid-America Christian University is designed to prepare students intellectually, spiritually and functionally for ministry in a variety of settings. If the Lord has called you to ministry, MACU’s Christ-centered education can help prepare you for service in vocational, lay, missional and other ministry settings. You’ll learn from ministers and pastors who have devoted their careers to God’s Kingdom — and now, they’re ready to turn their students into disciplemakers.
Why pursue a Christian Ministries degree from MACU?
- Learn from present and former pastors and ministers who are fulfilling their God-given calling to build the Church
- Don't choose between academic excellence and a Christian education — MACU's accredited and rigorous classes match your values
- Understand how to effectively minister and reach all age groups and prepare for a lifelong career in ministry
- Utilize MACU’s Student Services team for tutoring, mentorship, homework help and more
- Take your classes one at a time, evenings on campus or 100% online
- Earn credits for what you already know using our generous life experience program
- Graduate prepared for a career as a pastor or church staff member, or pursue seminary
Major Course Topics
In this course, students will be guided in the techniques and skills of sermon delivery. An emphasis is placed on analyzing the content, methods and skills that distinguish great Christian speakers and pastors. They will gain experience in the preparation and delivery of their own sermons in class and in chapel services.
Evangelism and Discipleship
This class is a study of the nature, purpose and process of biblical evangelism and its application to various ministries. Studies include a dive into New Testament principles of discipleship and their application, with a special emphasis upon building disciplined relationships and small group ministry.
This course introduces students to basic leadership principles and methods. Students will be exposed to various leadership styles to gain an understanding of the principles of vision, mission and purpose while also examining the role of change, inspiration and servant leadership.
Spiritual and Congregational Care
This course exposes students to a variety of ministry models that will assist congregational leaders in meeting the spiritual and critical life needs within the congregation.
Our accelerated courses can be completed in as little as five weeks, allowing you to finish your degree quickly. In addition, we also offer up to 30 hours of course credit for your prior work, military or other life experiences through our life experience program.
With classes available 100% online or one night a week in the evenings, there is always time to fit school into your busy schedule. Our classes utilize a state-of-the art learning management system to help simplify and centralize your education.
MACU tuition costs 20% less than private universities nationwide. We are dedicated to making a great Christian education accessible, so we offer convenient payment plans and other opportunities for financial assistance.