Master of Science in Counseling - Clinical Mental Health Counseling
Help Children and Adults Overcome Mental Illness with a MS in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
One out of every five U.S. adults struggles with mental illness each year, including conditions such as anxiety disorder, depression, bipolar disorder, eating disorders, PTSD and more. As you gain the skills to become a clinical mental health counselor with a Master of Science (MS) in Clinical Mental Health Counseling from MACU, you’ll be prepared to treat these individuals compassionately and effectively as they navigate through struggles with mental illness. You’ll meet a wide array of clients during your profession, and MACU’s Counseling program is uniquely designed to equip you for the different situations you will help men, women, children, couples and families get through.
Why pursue a Counseling degree from MACU?
- • MACU's Counseling degree programs were recently recognized by Study.com as one of the best in the U.S. for educational excellence, affordability and faculty quality
- • Combine professional critical thinking and a Christian faith-based approach when offering counseling in secular and ministry settings
- • Learn leading-edge mental health theories and treatment approaches from real-world counselors and psychology professionals
- • 85% of MACU graduates were offered jobs where they completed their practicum or internship!
- • Take your classes one at a time, evenings on campus or 100% online
Our accelerated courses can be completed in as little as five weeks, allowing you to finish your degree quickly. Take one class at a time so you can focus on your career dreams.
With classes available 100% online or one night a week in the evenings, there is always time to fit school into your busy schedule. Our classes utilize a state-of-the art learning management system to help simplify and centralize your education.
MACU tuition costs 20% less than private universities nationwide. We are dedicated to making a great Christian education accessible, so we offer convenient payment plans and other opportunities for financial assistance.