Bachelor of Science in Psychology
Use Your Psychology Degree to Improve the Lives of Others
MACU’s Psychology degree provides students with an in-depth perspective of human behavior, development and psychological principles and an introduction to common psychological issues. Through dynamic lectures, coursework, research opportunities, case studies and self-exploration studies, students will gain the knowledge of major psychological ideas and practices.
Why pursue a Psychology degree from MACU?
- Classes start at $408 per credit hour with ample opportunities for financial aid
- Our instructors are field experts — many of them have previously or currently operate their own private practice!
- MACU's Psychology degree was named by Online Schools Report as one of the country's most affordable in 2020!
- Utilize MACU’s Student Services team for tutoring, mentorship, homework help and more
- Take your classes one at a time, evenings on campus or 100% online
- Earn credits for what you already know using our generous life experience program
- Graduate prepared for a career as a psychologist, social worker, teacher, researcher or advance to graduate work to pursue licensure
Major Course Topics
Development Across the Life Span
With a strong balance between research and application, this course is a study of human development and the nature of those social structures which impact. This course especially looks at the development of personality, attitudes, habits, intelligence and Christian ideals.
Psychology of Addictions and Substance Abuse
This course serves as an introduction to drug and alcohol counseling. It focuses on the historical, theoretical and practical aspects of abuse, addiction and chemical dependency counseling.
This course explores the theory and application of how people accomplish complex cognitive tasks. An emphasis is placed on human information processing, including: pattern recognition, attention, memory organization, language comprehension, problem-solving and decision-making.
Psychological Psychology and Neuroscience
In studying brain structures, this course serves to give students a grasp of how brain activity and genetics apply to emotions, behavior, mental disorders and human development.
Our accelerated courses can be completed in as little as five weeks, allowing you to finish your degree quickly. In addition, we also offer up to 30 hours of course credit for your prior work, military or other life experiences through our life experience program.
With classes available 100% online or one night a week in the evenings, there is always time to fit school into your busy schedule. Our classes utilize a state-of-the art learning management system to help simplify and centralize your education.
MACU tuition costs 20% less than private universities nationwide. We are dedicated to making a great Christian education accessible, so we offer convenient payment plans and other opportunities for financial assistance.