Office of the Registrar
SPRING 2020 COMMENCEMENT UPDATE: MACU will hold commencement exercises for the Class of 2020 at 10 a.m. Saturday, November 7, 2020, at Crossings Community Church in Oklahoma City. The move comes in response to a recent survey that determined that the vast majority of students would like commencement celebrations to be held: in-person prior to the flu season and holiday traveling. Students who are not able to attend in-person can submit a picture so they can still be individually recognized for their accomplishments during our ceremony. Pictures may be submitted via email to [email protected].
To best provide for the safety and comfort of all those attending in person, guests will be admitted to the sanctuary on a ticket-only basis. Guests without tickets will still be able to attend virtually. Tickets can be picked up between August 10, 2020 to November 5, 2020.
It is hoped that the 2020-2021 in-person Commencement can be held next spring at 10 a.m. Saturday, May 1, 2021, at Crossings Community Church in Oklahoma City. Please contact the Registrar's Office at 405-692-3201 or email [email protected] for more details about November’s ceremony.
The Office of the Registrar serves many of the academic needs of current students, future students and alumni of MACU. The Registrar’s Office can assist individuals in activities such as registering for classes, browsing the academic calendar, transferring course credits, ordering transcripts, preparing for graduation and finding answers to other questions about academic records.
Monday - Thursday: 8:00am - 6:00pm
Friday: 8:00am - 5:00pm
Mid-America Christian University
Office of the Registrar
3500 SW 119th St.
Oklahoma City, OK 73170
Transcripts and Diplomas
- Transfer credit earned by students at institutions accredited by a regional accrediting agency (such as the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools) or the Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education will be accepted for transfer at face value.
- Credits earned at institutions accredited by a national accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education will be reviewed on a course-by-course basis and accepted for transfer if the course is determined to be substantially equivalent to a Mid-America Christian University course or courses.
- Lower-division courses transferred to the Mid-America Christian University will generally be used to meet lower-division degree requirements. In the event that a lower-division transfer course is used as a substitution for an upper-division requirement at the University, a student may be required to complete additional upper-division hours for graduation.
- Transfer students who enter the University with an Associate of Arts or an Associate of Science from a regionally accredited institution are considered to have met the lower-division (1000- and 2000-level) course requirements of the University’s General Education core curriculum.
- However, these students are still required to complete any lower-division coursework that is required beyond the University’s lower-division General Education course requirements, as well as the upper-division (including General Education) course requirements for a degree.
- Transfer credit will be entered on the student’s record upon receipt of all official transcript for all post-secondary institutions attended and successful completion of twelve (12) credit hours at Mid-America Christian University.