When you earn a business degree at Mid-America Christian University (MACU) in Oklahoma City, you’ll be prepared with the knowledge and skills to stand out as an ethical, effective leader in a wide range of positions in virtually any industry. MACU, a bible-based university, is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools (NCA). Here are a few reasons why business degrees are a smart investment:
- Versatility: A business degree curriculum incorporates a wide variety of topics including accounting, business administration, management, and more–exposing a business major to a variety of disciplines. Your career options include accounting, finance, human resources management, marketing, sales, public relations, entrepreneurship, and technology, just to name a few.
- Positive Job Outlook: No matter the industry, you can be confident that the job outlook is good for business majors. According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, business and financial occupations are projected to grow 8 percent from 2020 to 2030.
- In-demand Skills: With the skills you learn in our business program, you’ll be prepared to generate a proposal, interpret and use financial data, create and manage a budget, and more. You’ll also learn how to improve and employ soft skills such as oral and written communication skills, leadership principles and collaboration–highly desirable skills in any occupation.
MACU Business Degrees Span Career Continuum
MACU’s business programs (traditional and online) are designed and taught by business professionals who are enthusiastic about sharing their real-life experiences, knowledge and insights with students. All majors in business curricula are guided by Christian principles so you’ll have the necessary tools to stand out as a servant leader who knows how to improve the function of businesses across all sectors including government, businesses and organizations, and nonprofits.
Bachelor’s Programs In Business and Related Subjects
MACU offers a wide range of general and specialized undergraduate degrees for students who are interested in working for a business—or starting their own—after graduation.
General Business Degrees
If you are looking for flexible business degree that gives you plenty of options after graduation, then a general business degree may be ideal for you. MACU offers both a Bachelor’s in Business Administration and a Bachelor of Science in Business Management and Ethics. One degree is not better than the other. Your career goals, personality, and strengths will be considerations when deciding which undergraduate business degree is right for you.
Specialized Business Degrees
If you have a passion for a particular aspect of business, then a specialized business degree may be the perfect fit. MACU can help you acquire the deep knowledge you and your future employers are looking for.
Explore effective, well-rounded program that prepares you for entry- to mid-level accounting positions.
Develop skills for many options open in communication, including advertising, marketing & public relations.
Combine business and math with information technology: data mining, optimization, simulation & more.
Master’s Programs in Business
Advance your career with an online business master’s degree from MACU. Our convenient, flexible and affordable programs are gateways to upper-tier business leadership positions with higher earning potential. Increase your impact in the workplace with a Master of Arts in Leadership or boost your career with a Master of Business Administration (MBA). Depending on your interests and career goals, you can add a concentration to your MBA degree. Optional specialized emphases include:
Choose between management accounting and CPA prep MBA programs.
Integrate business and communication strategy, whether dealing with staff, executives, stakeholders, or the public.
Prep for leadership, execute plans for quality improvement, enhance processes & programs in clinical & non-clinical settings.
Certificate Programs in Business
MACU offers several certifications to foster the development of executive-level skills. Certification programs such as financial core accounting, healthcare management, and human resources management prepare students for more advanced degrees or greater workplace responsibilities. These graduate-level certifications can also be used to satisfy prerequisites for a full graduate degree.
What can you do with a Business degree?
Business degrees open up a world of possibilities, not only for you, but also for your local community and beyond. The skills you learn while studying business–analytical thinking, leadership, decision making, understanding the global business environment, and much more–are highly transferable and in demand. When you complete a business major, jobs you may be qualified for include:
- Management Consultant: Advise companies on how to improve their operations, increase efficiency, and solve business problems.
- Marketing Manager: Plan, direct, or coordinate marketing policies and programs. This can involve determining the demand for products and services, identifying potential customers, and developing pricing strategies.
- Financial Analyst: Provide guidance to businesses and individuals making investment decisions. Financial analysts assess the performance of stocks, bonds, and other types of investments.
- Business Analyst: Analyze a business or organization’s structure, processes, and operations to help them improve their efficiency and profitability.
- Operations Manager: Plan, direct, or coordinate the operations of an organization. This can involve formulating policies, managing daily operations, and planning the use of materials and human resources.
- Entrepreneur: Start your own business, using the skills you learned in your degree for business to plan, launch, and grow your enterprise.
- Human Resources Manager: Plan, direct, and coordinate the administrative functions of an organization. They oversee recruiting, interviewing, and hiring of new staff; consult with top executives on strategic planning; and serve as a link between an organization’s management and its employees.
- Sales Manager: Direct an organization’s sales teams. They set sales goals, analyze data, and develop training programs for sales representatives.
- Project Manager: Plan, coordinate, budget, and supervise projects from early development to completion.
- Supply Chain Manager: Oversee and manage every stage of the production flow, from sourcing raw materials to delivering the final product to the customer, to maximize efficiency, productivity, and profit.
- Business Development Manager: Identify sales leads, pitch goods or services to new clients, and maintain a good working relationship with new contacts.
- Accountant: Prepare and examine financial records, ensure taxes are paid properly and on time, and assess financial operations to help businesses run efficiently.
- Real Estate Broker: Operate a real estate business, where you can sell or lease properties on behalf of clients.
- Public Relations Specialist: Create and maintain a favorable public image for the organization they represent.
The benefits of a major in business don’t end there. At MACU, you’ll also become a responsible business leader who is equipped to build organizations and systems that improve quality of life and make a difference. You’ll learn how to drive innovation and economic growth, provide job creation and community development, and demonstrate ethical leadership and fiscal stewardship.
What do the best business degrees have in common?
The best business degrees, whether offered on campus or as an online business degree program, usually have several key features in common:
Degrees in business that are accredited by a reputable body ensure the education you receive has a recognized and maintained standard; the hallmark also offers you assurance of the program’s continuous self-assessment and improvement. Employers, graduate schools, and professional licensing organizations regard this highly. Furthermore, you can transfer credits between accredited institutions, opening up opportunities for financial aid.
All business degrees at MACU are accredited through the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools (NCA).
Comprehensive Curriculum and Faculty Expertise
The best business degrees offer a comprehensive curriculum that covers core business areas such as finance, marketing, operations, management, and economics. This provides a well-rounded understanding of the business world. They are also led by academics who have real-world business experience and can share that wisdom with students, offering practical insights and examples.
At MACU, we provide sound business programs designed to equip students for the ever-changing world of business, covering all the key areas and ensuring a holistic understanding of various business domains. In addition, MACU’s faculty includes seasoned professionals whose first-hand business experience connects classroom learning to the realities of the business arena. They also keep up with business trends and adapt programs accordingly. MACU was the first in Oklahoma to launch a dedicated bachelor’s degree in data analytics.
Career Support and Practical Experience
What could be better than attending a school that can help you land internships, find jobs, and navigate your career paths? At MACU, this support includes networking events, workshops, one-on-one advising, and other great student resources. Plus, we offer a strong, active network of alumni, as well as many opportunities for practical experience, such as internships, cooperative education, case studies, project-based learning, and capstone projects.
The best business degrees offer opportunities for students to specialize in areas of interest, such as accounting, communication, or data analytics. The School of Business Leadership at MACU presents an extensive array of business-related degree options for students at both the bachelor’s and master’s levels.
For working professionals or those with other commitments, the best programs offer flexibility in terms of part-time study, online classes, or evening and weekend classes. MACU’s accelerated business degrees online were created with busy adult students in mind. Prioritizing adaptability, MACU provides a host of features including prior learning credits, military-friendly policies, sequentially offered classes, nominal initial fees, and a supportive student services team, all designed to accommodate your study schedule seamlessly.
What can you do with a Master’s in Business?
Acquiring an MBA (Master’s of Business Administration) or a Master of Arts in Leadership will transform you personally and professionally, equipping you with versatile skills and industry insights that can propel you into your choice of multiple fields. In addition to all you learned from your undergraduate classes and past or current work experience, studies at this level will provide a deeper understanding of business concepts and theories, real-world knowledge through internships, and valuable networking opportunities with other students, faculty, and alumni. Plus, you’ll gain advanced business knowledge and deeper critical thinking, leadership, and strategic planning skills. All of these are priceless assets for your current job or a future job after graduation.
Individuals who possess an MBA can pursue more senior-level careers in business management, such as positions in operations, human resources, marketing, finance, accounting, etc. They also have the option to pursue business consulting roles, providing advice to companies in their area of expertise. Other options include teaching business courses at colleges and universities. An MBA helps if you want to switch careers, intend to become an entrepreneur, or are perhaps take over a family business.
An MBA increases your earning potential and your sphere and effectiveness of influence. Your critical and strategic thinking hone whatever business endeavor you enter, as well as better the lives of those you lead in this advanced role.