Mid-America Christian University Police Department
The Mid-America Christian University Department of Public Safety operates 24 hours a day, which provides the MACU community with around the clock service and protection. Police and/or Public Safety Officers patrol the university on a regular basis.
In an effort to continue to provide a safe atmosphere for all students, faculty, and staff, MACU has launched several initiatives recently:
- MACU has installed emergency alert speakers throughout the campus for rapid notification of emergencies.
- MACU has installed security cameras throughout the campus allowing for remote monitoring 24 hours a day by safety officials.
- MACU deployed a mass notification system in the Fall of 2009 using text messaging technologies to notify all students of emergencies and/or school closings.
- MACU provides all dorm living rooms with a public telephone connection with the ability to place 911 emergency calls.
- MACU Department of Public Safety works closely with the Office for Student Services to provide local resources for students dealing with mental health issues.