1. What is the MACU Alumni Scholarship?
MACU is providing a $2,000 annual scholarship for new, incoming College of Arts and Science students selected by GBC, MBC, or MACU alumni who have completed an Alumni Scholarship Referral Form.
2. Who is eligible?
Any College of Arts and Science student beginning classes for the first time at MACU for the Fall 2023 term is eligible. Student-athletes may not be eligible for the MACU Alumni Scholarship – please see more details below on scholarship exclusions.
3. What is the scholarship amount for the MACU Alumni Scholarship?
The scholarship is an annual $2,000 award. The scholarship is awarded as $1,000 per semester.
4. Do I have to sign a Scholarship Agreement if I am selected?
No. Once approved by the Office of Alumni Engagement, this will be updated on your Financial Aid Offer Letter with Financial Aid. You will be required to complete all MACU admissions requirements and be accepted to the University in order to receive the scholarship.
5. What education programs are part of the MACU Alumni Scholarship?
All undergraduate programs in the College of Arts and Science are eligible.
6. What are the admissions requirements for each program?
Admission requirements vary based on the program. An Admissions Counselor will be able to assist you with admissions requirements for whichever program you choose. They are available to help you by calling 405-692-3188.
7. When will this scholarship be effective?
The scholarship is for new College of Arts and Science students entering in Fall 2023. Students must complete 12 hours with a GPA of 2.0 or above during their first 12 hours. Failure to meet these requirements will result in no scholarship being awarded.
8. Who can I contact for more information about this scholarship?
Admissions Counselors are available to answer any questions you have about the MACU Alumni Scholarship. They may be reached by calling 405-692-3188 or via email: [email protected].
9. What years is this scholarship valid?
This scholarship is valid for up to 4 years (8 semesters) of the recipient’s undergraduate degree.
10. Are there any academic requirements for the MACU Alumni Scholarshhip?
Yes, students must complete 12 hours with a GPA of 2.0 during their first 12 hours. Failure to meet these requirements will result in no scholarship being awarded.
11. Are international students eligible for this scholarship?
No. Currently, international students are eligible for up to $2,000 with the International Match Scholarship.
To submit a student for consideration for MACU’s alumni scholarship, please fill out this form.
Deadline to nominate a prospective student for an Alumni Scholarship is April 30, 2023.
- Students must be accepted and enrolled as a full-time degree seeking student in the College of Arts and Sciences.
- Alumni Scholarship is to only assist in covering tuition and fees and cannot be stacked with any other institutional scholarship that exceeds the cost of tuition and fees.
- Cannot be redeemed for cash.
- Enrollment in a course is based upon availability.
- The scholarship cannot be applied retroactively.
- The scholarship is not eligible for the College of Adult and Graduate studies courses or programs.