Archives: FAQs

  • What is a payment period?

    Payment periods are similar to semesters. Undergraduate students: The payment period for undergraduate students is 12 credit hours and 20 weeks of instruction. Undergraduate students must pass the first 6 hours and begin attendance in 9 hours (third class in payment period) to be eligible for the second disbursement in the payment period. Undergraduate students are…

  • When will my Financial Aid be disbursed?

    All CAGS (College of Adult and Graduate Studies) students will receive their first disbursement of financial aid approximately 4-6 weeks after the start date of their first course and two weeks of participation has been posted by the instructor. All students receive 2 equal disbursements per payment period.

  • What is the difference in subsidized and unsubsidized loans?

    Subsidized loans do not accrue interest while a student is enrolled at least half-time in a degree-seeking program. Upon dropping below half-time enrollment, interest will begin to accrue. On the other hand, an unsubsidized loan begins accruing interest immediately regardless of a student’s enrollment status.

  • Why does the Financial Aid Office need tax transcripts and other verification forms?

    The Department of Education requires schools that disburse Title IV funding (financial aid) to verify a certain percentage of submitted FAFSA applications. This should not in any way be contrued as suspicion or doubt on MACU’s part or that of the Department of Education. The FAFSA can be a difficult form and mistakes are very…

  • Why do I have to fill out my FAFSA every year?

    Because eligibility for student aid does not carry over from one academic year to the next, students need to fill out the free application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) for each award year in which you are or plan to be a student. 

  • What is a Federal Student Aid ID?

    A Federal Student Aid ID serves as your identifier to let you access your personal information in various U.S. Department of Education systems. A FSA ID is required to complete a FAFSA.  Set Up FSA ID

  • How do I apply for Financial Aid?

    Completing your FAFSA is the first step in the financial aid process. It will take seven days to process your form and send you a Student Aid Report (SAR) once all required signatures are received. Your SAR will summarize the data you report on your application. Check this information carefully to make sure it is…

  • What is Financial Aid’s Phone Number?

    You can reach the MACU Financial Aid Office at 405-692-3204.

  • How can I participate in tutoring?

    Tutoring is available to all MACU students through the Student Success Center. CAS (traditional) students can choose to complete tutoring sessions at the MACU campus or by meeting with a MACU tutor online. Tutoring appointments can be scheduled through the Student Success Center. CAGS (adult) students are encouraged to utilize our online tutoring services through…

  • What is Chapel going to look like this semester?

    Chapel services will continue in full for the Spring 2022 semester. Masks are no longer required in Chapel.